I was a teenager, it was a Saturday morning and I was hungry! I have loved to cook since I was young and was no stranger to experimenting at the stove top. For whatever reason that Saturday, I didn't use the stove top to boil an egg. I set the microwave to the time equivalent to the boil time and went about my day.
What happened next is seared into my memory forever! Out of nowhere we heard a pop, then a sizzle...POP!!! We lived in the hood so we suspected that it was gunfire, but the smell told a much different story. The egg exploded in the microwave! As if that wasn't bad enough, the smell wreaked all day and wouldn't go away. It mas making us all sick, but I (yes, I) had to clean it up! It was a crime scene and I didn't have a hazmat suit!
Air freshener notwithstanding, I was alone to face the atrocity that was attempting to boil an egg in the microwave. The horror...the horror! I will never forget that stench...it lasted for a few days. As much as I like trying new methods and recipes in the kitchen, I'm apprehensive because of that one mistake! Are you laughing at me or with me? Comment below and share you kitchen mishaps with me!
I LOVE to cook! I love the kitchen and the grill and when I'm not at my computer, behind the mic/camera or on my instrument you can easily find me cooking. In fact, if it were not for the arts, I would most likely have pursued a college education in the culinary arts.